Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"'And I'm with her,' Breakfast added, pointing at Una. 'The scary one.'" p 76
TITLE: Witch's Pyre
AUTHOR: Josephine Angelini
PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: September 20, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Read A Book
*in no particular order
**this is going to be a lot harder...there's not usually much that will deter me from reading a book.
5. WESTERNS--yeah, I think a book I tried could be considered some kind of mesh of paranormal/dystopian with a western twist. I quickly learned westerns weren't for me.
4. ROMANCE--this is usually just for the books that are straight up romances. I don't like stories that just focus on characters falling in love with some minor interference. I like my romance to be a side course, not the main dish! Lol.
3. COMPLEX MAGICAL SYSTEMS--if the magical system confuses me within the description, then it's most likely to confuse me in the book. And those are ones I can't handle reading because I'm suffering migraines trying to understand the world I'm reading about.
2. CHEATING--if a description automatically mentions a character being a cheater, I'm not likely to pick it up at all because I don't condone cheating.
1. CONTEMPORARY--I've said it so many times, but yeah, contemp reads aren't for me. I used to read them as a teen, only because there weren't enough paranormals to read! And now that I have an abundance of them, I've never looked back to contemp books.
That's all I got! I'm sure I will be agreeing with things you all say and tell myself I should've thought of that! LOL!