Jul 11, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"I barely registered the gasps and screams. I only half noted the gun that clattered across the marble as the lifeless body hit the floor. I was far too busy staring at the spot where the Gray Man and the ghost had been. She hadn't belonged in the wrongly animated body. So how the hell had she gotten into someone else's body? And why?" p 8 












TITLE: Grave Ransom
AUTHOR: Kalayna Price
PUBLISHER: Ace Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: July 4, 2017


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's freebie topic is: Top 10 Authors I Can't Believe I've Met!


*in no particular order
**since I can't literally show you pictures of every single author I've met, I will actually get myself cut off at 10 authors...maybe....


 10. MEG CABOT--In 2011, my mind was blown when MEG CABOT came to St. Louis! I ADORED her Mediator books! This was before Remembrance came and totally made my millennium! But I was at least able to tell her how much I LOVED those books and how they gave me something to read when I was a teen wanting paranormal books!
9. MARIA V. SNYDER--I've actually met Maria a few times now! LOL! But this was the FIRST time I met her! I treated myself (and my mom because I was too afraid to travel by myself at this time) to a weekend to Pittsburgh for RT 2008. I had already read Maria's 2 books and adored them, and I convinced my mom for this trip because there were SO many other authors in attendance! I even got to have lunch with Maria after the signing! It was magical!!
8. RICHELLE MEAD--I met her a week after I met her at my first RT conference in full! LOL! I still remember being SHOCKED that the auditorium wasn't packed! I mean it was a Friday night! How perfect was this?!


7. RICK YANCEY--In 2014 I decided I wanted to meet Rick Yancey since he was going to be at Anderson's in Naperville! It was before The 5th Wave was slated to release in theaters and thought this is my chance to see him before Hollywood takes over! LOL! He was really nice and fun to listen to!
6. KIM HARRISON--and yes, we're in Borders!! It was near Naperville I think. Or the Chicago area at least! This was in 2008 when she first started doing tour t-shirts too! I was one of the first roadies!
5. VERONICA ROTH--another one I met before Hollywood took over the franchise. Most regrettably too. Did not care for how they changed things. I had no problems with Allegiant the book (which this picture happened before that one!), but the movie? Yeah. But still Veronica was really sweet and nice! I actually met her at RT before this picture too! But she came to St. Louis of all places, for Insurgent's release!


4. AMELIA ATWATER-RHODES--I don't think Amelia is much of a smiler for cameras, even in her first author photo she does a serious look. But anyway I was STOKED when I got to meet her! She was the author who got me into vampires and wanting to write my own stories!
3. GENA SHOWALTER--I fell in LOVE with her Intertwined series! Though I did have my heart broken at this event when she said it was unlikely there would ever be a conclusion. Though LAST year on Goodreads she said there would be one!! Whether it's a novel or novella she will get one out as soon as contracted projects are completed and she has a break and whatnot. She said she'd have to re-read the books herself and get reimmersed with that world. But as long as it comes in the next few years, I can wait! Maybe.
2. NANCY HOLDER & DEBBIE VIGUIE--my first author duo team! They too had a series I LOVED and had cancelled but it was picked up six years later and we got the finale we were all waiting for! Or I was waiting for! LOL! Needless to say I was thrilled that these two came to St. Louis! Yay for less driving!


1. JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT--I've met Jennifer so many times now! LOL! I don't think I have a picture together from the first time as it was at another RT and was harder to find a photographer then! Lol. I'm always tickled with joy that she remembers me every time I come back to see her! This might actually be the first year that I can remember that I won't get to see her! Sob! Pretty sure it was in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016 that I met her. I like to travel, what can I say?


BONUS:

CARY ELWES!!!!! I met Cary Elwes on Valentine's Day in 2015! I grew up watching The Princess Bride and when he had a book come out about the filming of it and all AND that he was signing in Naperville, I bought my ticket as fast as I could! I am still shocked and awed and amazed that I got to meet one of my earliest childhood crushes!! Lol!









14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of pictures taken with favourite authors, Jessica - thank you so much for sharing. I like the sound of your TT this week - very dramatic! Mine features women of a certain age - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/teaser-tuesday-11th-july-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing this book everywhere. Sure sounds fun.
    And that's some amazing authors. Lucky you:)

    My TT from The House On Devil's Bar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read this series yet. I should see if I have the first one and check it out. Great teaser!! I'm super curious. Look at all the great authors you've had a chance to meet.
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of pictures. I have Grave Ransom on my Kindle but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great you get to go to hear so many authors speak. It must really enhance your enjoyment of their books. Here's my link for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1yi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been here in a while...I love the photos. Haven't read any of the authors, but I've enjoyed Cary Elwes in some movies.

    Interesting teaser! Here's mine: “THE CHILD”


    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos. Must have been amazing to meet so many authors. I like the teaser too - mine is is Here

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've definitely met more authors than I have in my life. And RIP Borders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so cool that you met Veronica Roth! It's so hard now to get a meeting with her!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! You have been really lucky. We are very lucky to have had some great authors come to St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh - you've met so many awesome authors! Love it!!!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!